Jt hjyjg 400x400

PeopleSoft Review
Business processes are solid.

Valuable Features:

It is strong in business processes and technology. The technology is open-ended. The user interface is much more stable and really robust. The strength of PeopleSoft is that the business processes are solid.

Room for Improvement:

I work with the end users. I manage big projects, multimillion dollar projects. I work as a business analyst, or as a functional lead, finance lead. I find that technology is great, technology is always great. Oracle improves it in terms of integration, porting, better tools, better user interface. But, if you go and talk to the lowest level of the users – the people who enter the invoices, the vouchers, the general entries, add an asset, create a PR requisition, or enter the employee information – they still think that they do not have the tools to enter the data in a much more easier way. There still is a big complaint. They cannot go and get a report that easily. They cannot go in and see the information they want that easily. There is a lot of room for improving the user interface.

Every time we see a new PeopleSoft release, either an application release or a tool release, people get excited to see what is in it. That is fine, but you see that they're not offering anything for the end users to easily enter the data, or easily go and edit the data. That is one area there is a lot of room for improvement.

I rate it that the only area they can improve is the user interface.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for 18 years.

Stability Issues:

It is an absolutely stable solution. We can take a clue from the implementation of PeopleSoft. If you look at their clients – PeopleSoft has all these government companies, huge public-sector companies –they all have PeopleSoft for decades. They're still with PeopleSoft, and they're really loyal customers. That testifies that PeopleSoft is a very stable product.

Scalability Issues:

It is scalable, absolutely. Scalability is one of the factors for implementing PeopleSoft; scalability, in terms of integrating with other software vendor’s applications, such as financials, supply chain, or manufacturing. At the same time, it offers integration with third-party applications. Because the technology is open-ended, you can easily build integrations, either with third-party applications or within PeopleSoft; PeopleSoft HRM with our EPM product, or with our other Oracle CRM products. It does offer the scalability factor there.

Technical support is always an area that is a little sticky. PeopleSoft are doing OK in their space, but there's certainly a lot of room to improve there. I've been working with themfor almost two decades. If you look back 20 years compared to now, there has been significant improvement there. Still, there is a lot of room to improve there.

Customer service per se is good, but the methodology or the time they take to resolve some of the issues is more than expected.

Initial Setup:

The complexity of the setup and configuration depends on the business problem that we have. If you are a seasoned guy – a PeopleSoft consultant, a functional or solution architect – and you know the problem, you can fix it quickly. I think PeopleSoft is very reasonable. They have designed their system very, very well, keeping in mind the best of the best business processes all over the world, catering to verticals in all the industries. I find it reasonably good. I don't find it too complex, because you're expected to be an expert in that. Not everybody can go and do it.

Other Advice:

I've seen Oracle Financials; I've seen SAP. PeopleSoft is a very solid and robust product. Like I said, they have captured the best of the best business processes. Coupled with that, the technology is very stable and the scalability is there.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About PeopleSoft?

Our experts can help. 217,939 professionals have used our research on 5,608 solutions.