PeopleSoft Review

The software, and synchronization of business processes, streamlined shared service departments by 40%

What is most valuable?

• Agile system configurations to accommodate business dynamics

How has it helped my organization?

The synchronization of business processes, and the software, streamlined the shared service departments to run 40% leaner.

What needs improvement?

The last conference I went to presented product enhancements that alleviated some of the end-to-end processing gaps we worked around with all the applications noted below, especially in the area of reporting.

We've used it for 20-plus years.

Yes, there have been issues. You must have an Agile DBA team to tune for dynamic data volume.

We rarely reached out to PeopleSoft.

Yes, we were part of the Y2K challenge.

We pledged to keep the setup “vanilla”. In what ways? Defining the Master data for each application is critical to successfully configuring the systems to operate seamlessly daily, and to manage business dynamics like M&A, international operations. Reporting was our biggest challenge that was not "delivered" by PeopleSoft.

Negotiate, and don’t buy into the cloud option.

SAP, Oracle, and JD Edwards.

What other advice do I have?

We use General Ledger, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Projects, Asset Management, Payroll, Accounts Payable. All would be rated an eight out of 10 as we developed solutions to fill "product gaps" that were part of later application releases.

We had an army of consultants from different organizations who collaborated and delivered the most vital aspect of scalability — a solid foundation to build upon. We also dedicated subject matter experts for each application and a team that ensured the "big picture" (e.g. consolidated reporting, operational and audit checks and balances, etc.) to work with the consultants.