PeopleSoft Review

Very good HR features, good stability and easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution's HCM suite for HR.

How has it helped my organization?

The customizations allow us to come up with a lot of complex labor rules. In the Philippines, there's a lot of different kinds of rules you need to be in compliance with. The solution offers up a lot of flexibility and customization that is perfect for our region's requirements.

What is most valuable?

The HR features are the solution's most valuable aspects.

What needs improvement?

The payroll aspect of the solution needs improvement only because a lot of the enhancements with PeopleSoft are obviously geared towards the North American region. It's not geared well towards us as a small market in Southeast Asia. A local market model that's easily configurable and can be deployed as quickly as possible to different companies here in Southeast Asia would be very helpful. If we could integrate a lot of localizations that would apply it to areas in Southeast Asia that would be much better.

I've been using the solution for more than five years.

The stability of the solution is okay.

The scalability of the solution is fine. We're using a private cloud. If we do get different organizations that have a larger workforce, then it's just a matter of additional web and app servers. If there are any requirements, we just need to expand the specifications for the database site, which means, in terms of scalability, there are no issues. Right now, we have over 10,000 users on the solution. I'm unsure if we will increase usage in the near future.

On a scale of five, I'd rate technical support at 2.5.

Often support just asks people to install a lot of upgrades. Sometimes they don't really give you clear details as to why you need to upgrade. They just say, "You need to upgrade this because there's a newer image, etc". They never really give you the reason underlying why you are having errors.

The initial setup has a moderate amount of difficulty. Deployment took about eight to ten months. For maintenance, we need around 25 to 30 people.

We pay a yearly licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant; I've used the solution for five years and have marketed the solution for two years.

We handle the private cloud deployment model with Amazon as the cloud provider.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If they offered easier integration, and maybe a broader library of APIs that can be utilized by third-party integrations, I'd rate the solution higher.