PeopleSoft Review

Core HR function management that is easy to use and has good technical support

What is our primary use case?

This solution is similar to SAP SuccessFactors, and Workday.

PeopleSoft HRMS is an ERP software which was one of the leading successful software in North America, in the Canadian Region.

We have implemented multiple modules that are the core HR function management, performance management, training, administrative training, access management, global payroll for India, and recruitment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the core HR, the strength, how the data is captured, and position management that gives flexibility in different organizations.

Also, the work center where you can see the different steps in your activity guide. There are different tasks that need to be performed for a recruiter to set up an activity guide. He can see all of the tasks to complete the upgrading for a new hire.

The ease of use. PeopleSoft is easy to understand, where any end user that is logged in can easily navigate through the menus. You don't need any help as long as you have the instructions.

What needs improvement?

The reporting needs to be improved.

It would be helpful for the end-user if the reports were customized. They would be able to select the fields while generating their reports.

In the next release, they can look at reducing the price.

I have been using this solution for sixteen years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

We have eight thousand users with different companies.

The technical support is very good.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is not complex.

Deployment depends on the size of the organization. If you are just installing it, it can take a week, but if you are installing, and doing a quality implementation it can take five to six months, which would include doing analysis, customization, and testing.

I don't know if they are still providing licenses or if they have suspended licenses.

What other advice do I have?

There have been a lot of upgrades in the 9.2 version with the UI and implementation of data analytics, HR analytics, the analytics dashboards have been introduced, the mobility, and the ability to use PeopleSoft applications on a mobile device.

The features are good but you will have to do cost-data analysis with other modules and if it fits you can go for it. It is a good product to go with.

You get all of the features, and anything that you don't get, you can customize.

Private Cloud