Salesforce Service Cloud Review

We can create Dashboards showing which clients are receiving a high level amount of cases. It would be beneficial to organize the macros into folders.

Valuable Features

• The most important feature is the seamless integration with Salesforce data. ZenDesk inserted data when not present, but the integration left something to be desired with many Contact last names of Unknown (which is challenging with deduping). It is important to have the reps directly using Salesforce so they are more inclined to keep Account and Contact data current.
  • We haven’t used Salesforce Knowledge, but this would also be beneficial.
  • Being able to report on the Case data and use it to create Dashboards for our upper level management who are already familiar with Salesforce is important.

Improvements to My Organization

We can create Dashboards showing which clients are receiving a high level amount of cases or Case Types that trigger a possibility of an issue with the client.

It gives our Account Management team the chance to be proactive and solve any underlying big issues a client could be experiencing (and prevent them from seeking other vendors).

Room for Improvement

• Why is merging Cases not something that comes out-of-the-box? We had to purchase Case Merge Premium to merge our Cases.
  • The Macro creation isn’t very user friendly. It would be beneficial to organize the macros into folders also. I think the average support rep without Salesforce knowledge would have issues creating macros.
  • When sending a reply email to a client directly from the Detail View of a Case, it will insert your signature at the very bottom of the thread (which no one sees). You have to use the Case Feed to insert your signature below your reply.
  • Sending an email from the Case Feed has a character limit (which can be extended, but it is limited). If you have a very long email correspondence with a client, you may need to shorten it in order to send.
  • There is no field on the Case to show who the last email correspondence was from. I had to create my own field for this.
  • When opening a Case tab in the Service Console and a customer replies to the Case while open, you have to completely refresh the tab to see the recent email to reply to (not automatic). Sometimes a rep may not notice this, go to send an email, and get an error that they need to refresh.

Use of Solution

I've used it for approximately one year.

There are no issues with deployment at this time.

We've had no issues with stability.

We have no issues with scalability at this time.

N/A

We were using ZenDesk before being purchased by another company that was using Service Cloud. After we merged orgs, we began using Service Cloud. As a help desk solution, ZenDesk is much better. I've also used Kayako.

We had no issues with the initial setup.

Implementation Team

We used a vendor because we were migrating data from another organization at the same time.

ROI

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Other Solutions Considered

N/A

Other Advice

Use standard fields/options when possible and keep it simple! Don’t overcomplicate things and make sure to ask support reps what their problem points are and what they need to be successful.