SAP SuccessFactors Review

Implementation is modular. It suits a step-by-step approach.

What is most valuable?

It covers the entire employee lifecycle with a simple-to-use UI. It is modular in terms of implementing it and fits into the roadmap of any organization that wants to take a step-by-step approach. Constant innovation, integration and reporting & analytical capability adds lot to the value proposition.

How has it helped my organization?

We have implemented this for our customers and the areas where they have realized the values are employee engagement and satisfaction, better ROI, better visibility and predictability, faster and accurate decision making and lower overall total cost of operation.

What needs improvement?

SAP needs to add more power to its built-in analytics capability as part of the product. Faster time to market for multiple clients’ requests would help with adaption and benefit realization.

I have used it for two years.

SAP SuccessFactors is a very, very stable product and has evolved over the years. An implementation partner plays a very critical role that impacts the overall success.

Being a cloud-based solution and regular enhancements every quarter, SAP has handled scalability beautifully. Apart from that, SAP engagement with AWS gives clients more flexibility and access to the latest, state-of-the-art technologies from both software and hardware perspective; it’s a big advantage for any client.

A dedicated support team has the right expertise and has been able to resolve most of the issues on time. No major escalation in this aspect has been experienced so far.

Our clients have been using multiple systems, which caused issues such as the time and cost for managing multiple systems, retaining in-house capabilities, issues with scalability & constant upgrades and many more.

Initial setup is very smooth; all processes are very well defined and documented.

Pricing and subscriptions are very competitive and at the same time give clients a lot of flexibility to make their own decisions based on their roadmap and the budget in hand.

Our clients evaluate multiple products from vendors such as Oracle and Workday.

What other advice do I have?

1. Have very clear objectives linked and aligned with your business goal.
  2. Have all stakeholders aligned and on-boarded.
  3. Make a roadmap and start small with clear scope and timelines.
  4. Evaluate an appropriate implementation partner.
  5. Follow the implementation methodology.
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a SAP partner. We do sales and implementation services for our own clients, as well as for SAP clients.
More SAP SuccessFactors reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with ADP Vantage HCM
Learn what your peers think about SAP SuccessFactors. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.