SAP SuccessFactors Overview

SAP SuccessFactors is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Talent Management tools. It is most often compared to SAP HCM: SAP SuccessFactors vs SAP HCM

What is SAP SuccessFactors?
SuccessFactors helps organizations align strategy with objectives & manage people performance to ensure execution & results. Execution is the difference.

SAP SuccessFactors is also known as SuccessFactors.

SAP SuccessFactors Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP SuccessFactors Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

SAP SuccessFactors Customers
City of Cape Town, ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd., TransAlta Corporation, Keolis, PT XL Axiata Tbk, National Football League (NFL), Plan International, Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company, China Talent Group (CTG TMO), Umicore S.A., Butterfield Bank, Skril
SAP SuccessFactors Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP SuccessFactors pricing:
  • "If you go by best practices and do it right from the outset, the setup won't be a costly endeavor. In terms of setup, there is a lot of flexibility compared to three years ago."
  • "I don't want to comment on the license cost, to be honest. It could be about $1,000 approximately per customer. However, it's very flexible in terms of the licensing costs depending on the volume and depending on the deal of installation."

AH
Managing Director at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Highly flexible and gives full visibility into our workforce management processes

What is our primary use case?

I use SAP SuccessFactors for workforce management, in order to gain visibility into the employees in my company. I'm working with the latest version currently and it is one of several similar products that I have used in the Middle East, including Oracle Cloud Fusion, Oracle EBS on-prem, and the regional software from Naya Tech (which has a good position in the Middle East, and which is fantastic, by the way).

• "I think it's perfect that every requirement has flexibility in how it is handled, and that there are several workarounds for any problem we are looking to solve. Each problem has multiple solutions, so it gives us a lot of flexibility in terms of processes."
  • "To explain one feature that I would like to see in SuccessFactors, I must describe a similar feature as seen in Oracle. In Oracle, there's a feature called Workforce Prediction, and with this feature, we can predict some of the behaviors of any employee. For example, the software can attempt to predict whether the employee might resign in future, or perhaps if they will start to perform better. This is something that is missing in SuccessFactors."

What other advice do I have?

They say nothing is perfect, but honestly, the SuccessFactors product is essentially perfect in my eyes. It fits all the requirements we have and solves every problem we encounter. Whenever there is a problem we need to overcome, we can easily find a similar solution and adapt it to our situation. It's rare finding software that gives you lots of solutions for any particular problem you are thinking about. The only reason I would not rate SuccessFactors a perfect ten is because if you do find yourself missing some feature that is relevant for your organization, you will have to go develop it…
YamenZarnaji
SAP Project Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Solid processes for talent Management, in General, supported with good analytics reports but needs more Localization when it's come to Master Data and Time Management

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for many things including performance management, Goal Management, Employee Central, Compensation Management, and SAP Jam, Recruitment, Onboarding.

• "The performance goals and learning management solutions are the product's most valuable features."
  • "The solution needs more localization, especially for the Middle East and Russia."

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model with SAP as the provider. I'd advise others to schedule training for the team that will be handling implementation. It's important to have a reference case and go to other companies familiar with your business to check how it was implemented for them and to see how successful they have been overall. They may have good best practices you can learn from. Look for a good implementation partner who can take the time to work with you and choose wisely. Some may charge a lot of money and provide low-quality assistance. You have to know the process before…
Learn what your peers think about SAP SuccessFactors. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BT
Country Expert Total Workforce Managemnet/ Learning & Development at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Stable and globally accessible, but needs more features and better user experience, flexibility, and integrations

What is our primary use case?

It is a personnel administration tool. As a normal associate, I use it for performance dialogues and training management. I also use it for reporting on the LMS module. We are using the SaaS version of this solution.

• "It has a global database, and it is globally accessible. By using this solution, we have moved away from paper, which is a big step for us."
  • "Its overall integration and user experience can be improved. SuccessFactors is a system that is built out of three different systems. The elements part was bought from Plateau, and the original performance dialogue was built by SuccessFactors itself. After that, SAP bought it, and it hasn't improved in the last few years. SuccessFactors is a perfect tool if you use it the way it is meant to be, but if you start building custom sessions and try to use it differently, then it is a total mess. It is not agile. It is like an old Mastodon truck or whatever. We don't have the Employee Central and Competence Management modules. Our company made the choice to not implement the Employee Central module. We also didn't implement the Competence Management module. We use the learning module to do some competence management, but I am not that fond of it. It would have been best to have the whole suite. SAP should never sell this without selling the whole suite because it just doesn't work. The biggest gain for me would be having the possibility of doing strategic personnel planning and managing internal mobility. If it could be used for social purposes, such as creating communities and connecting with media channels, that would be perfect. It should also have the possibilities for local admin and agile product development."

What other advice do I have?

I won't recommend this solution. I would say, "Don't do it." Cornerstone or Workday is way better. I would rate SAP SuccessFactors a five out of ten.
ChristopherOrilogbon
Solution Consultant SAP MM/QM & HCM SuccessFactors at C2G
Enabled us to efficiently manage our personnel and has the ability to set and review goals

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this product for employee management. This includes an objective assessment of money made, creating performance reviews, and recruiting new employees and management.

• "It has improved my organization by enabling us to efficiently manage our personnel."
  • "Also, it would be helpful if they could improve its ability to localize the product to Nigeria."

What other advice do I have?

I think the advice I'd give is that it's a nice solution. It's easy to deploy. It's so easy to use. You really don't need to know much about coding or be a highly technical team to be able to use it. It’s very easy to use. For example, for the traditional ERP that SAP had before, you had to be instructed to work with it. This one is really straightforward.
RS
SAP Offering Solution Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Good integrations and a great user experience, but missing a few features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily provide this solution to our clients. It's an HTM solution and talent management is included within it.

• "In terms of user experience, it is quite good."
  • "There are a few features that are missing. There are specific features on the HTM, such as telecom safety, that just isn't there. It's not a very detailed solution in that sense. However, it is maybe not expected to have those kinds of features on the surface level of the product."

What other advice do I have?

We are a platinum partner with the company. The solution is a very good product. It's very stable. It has lots of great features and lots of support available from SAP. The product vendor has a great system connected to a lot of SAP systems overall. It's open to connectivity with other systems. I would recommend Success Factors any day. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. There are a few features missing overall. If they had a few more, I'd rate them higher.
RR
HR Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Good performance management and business processes with an easy deployment process

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the performance management system. Under the performance management system we monitor the target, the objective of the employee, and have the assessment on the employee as well as the final result in order to track employee performance.

• "Overall, it's excellent performance management."
  • "The pricing of SAP is quite high."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. I would recommend the solution to other users. The main pain point, however, is the price. It may be why not all employees in Indonesia end up using it. However, the business processes are very good. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We're mostly quite satisfied with the solution and its capabilities.
DP
Partner at a recruiting/HR firm with 1-10 employees
Easy to set up with good third-party integrations and an improved recruiting module

What is our primary use case?

SuccessFactors is a good ERP system where you can handle all the employee records from the hire date to the retire date.

• "The initial setup was pretty simple."
  • "The stability could be a bit better."

What other advice do I have?

We are SAP partners. There are different ERP systems that are available in the market. Each one is unique with respect to all the features they have in-build in the system. With SAP, what we can tell the clients or customers is that they have a seamless integration between the modules. The data is very secure. They have business logic, which they can configure based on different events. All the records of the employee will show up in one single profile view. They don't need to go to different screens or different systems. It's very convenient. I'd recommend the solution to other companies. I'd…
Darien Khairy
Sr. Supervisor HR at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Made our operations much easier and smoother but the reports need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use the private deployment model of this solution.

• "The best features that were working well for us was the Goal Management and Performance Management. They were the most valuable to our organization."
  • "They should improve the reports."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution that they need to really look into their requirements and be very specific regarding the requirements when getting their orientation on the system and creating the requirement documents. They really need to to be very specific and very detailed in their requirements. Make sure to understand all the features and capabilities of the system. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
See 14 more SAP SuccessFactors Reviews