SAP SuccessFactors Review

Made our operations much easier and smoother but the reports need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use the private deployment model of this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It was much easier than the previous system. It made things a lot easier and operations much smoother.

What is most valuable?

The best models we used were the Goal Management and Performance Management. They were the most useful. We use three modules in our company, the Goal Management and Performance, the Talent Acquisition, and there's the LMS, the training. The best features that were working well for us was the Goal Management and Performance Management. They were the most valuable to our organization.

What needs improvement?

They should improve the reports. We had a problem with the reporting. If we compare it to Oracle products, Oracle has much more comprehensive and a better reporting system all in all. They really should work on the reports and making it more user-friendly. There's room for more customization in the reporting. This is the feedback I received, that the main edge that all Oracle products have is the reporting system, which is the main reason why I'm using the system in the first place.

In the next release, I would like for them to make the system have a slot for regular, back and forth feedback. It should have a feedback form on the system.

I've been using SuccessFactors for around three years.

It is stable. We haven't had any problems.

Scalability is good. We can easily expand it. We were able to integrate it with a couple of our systems.

We were not happy with their after-sales support. Whenever we had an issue it was really difficult to get in touch with them. There was a problem with asking them about a feature or other things. They weren't as responsive as we would have hoped. During the installation of the system, they replied 24/7. However, after we deployed the system, it was not that easy to get a response.

We previously used Oracle. We switched because SAP is much more user-friendly. We weren't using Taleo or Fusion, we were using Oracle Basic. SAP was user-friendly for our employees.

The initial setup was straightforward. SAP was really supportive during this time.

We used a consultant for the deployment and they were very supportive during the time.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution that they need to really look into their requirements and be very specific regarding the requirements when getting their orientation on the system and creating the requirement documents. They really need to to be very specific and very detailed in their requirements. Make sure to understand all the features and capabilities of the system.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.