SAP SuccessFactors Overview

SAP SuccessFactors is the #1 ranked solution of our top Talent Management tools. It's rated 3.9 out of 5 stars, and is most commonly compared to SAP HCM: SAP SuccessFactors vs SAP HCM

What is SAP SuccessFactors?
SuccessFactors helps organizations align strategy with objectives & manage people performance to ensure execution & results. Execution is the difference.

SAP SuccessFactors is also known as SuccessFactors.

SAP SuccessFactors Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP SuccessFactors Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2020

SAP SuccessFactors Customers
City of Cape Town, ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd., TransAlta Corporation, Keolis, PT XL Axiata Tbk, National Football League (NFL), Plan International, Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company, China Talent Group (CTG TMO), Umicore S.A., Butterfield Bank, Skril
SAP SuccessFactors Video

SAP SuccessFactors Reviews

YamenZarnaji
Head of SAP HCM Practice at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
May 7, 2020
Solid processes for talent Management, in General, supported with good analytics reports but needs more Localization when it's come to Master Data and Time Management

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for many things including performance management, Goal Management, Employee Central, Compensation Management, and SAP Jam, Recruitment, Onboarding.

• The performance goals and learning management solutions are the product's most valuable features.
  • The solution needs more localization, especially for the Middle East and Russia.

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model with SAP as the provider. I'd advise others to schedule training for the team that will be handling implementation. It's important to have a reference case and go to other companies familiar with your business to check how it was implemented for them and to see how successful they have been overall. They may have good best practices you can learn from. Look for a good implementation partner who can take the time to work with you and choose wisely. Some may charge a lot of money and provide low-quality assistance. You have to know the process before…
reviewer1388325
SAP Offering Solution Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Jul 21, 2020
Good integrations and a great user experience, but missing a few features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily provide this solution to our clients. It's an HTM solution and talent management is included within it.

• In terms of user experience, it is quite good.
  • There are a few features that are missing. There are specific features on the HTM, such as telecom safety, that just isn't there. It's not a very detailed solution in that sense. However, it is maybe not expected to have those kinds of features on the surface level of the product.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• I don't want to comment on the license cost, to be honest. It could be about $1,000 approximately per customer. However, it's very flexible in terms of the licensing costs depending on the volume and depending on the deal of installation.

What other advice do I have?

We are a platinum partner with the company. The solution is a very good product. It's very stable. It has lots of great features and lots of support available from SAP. The product vendor has a great system connected to a lot of SAP systems overall. It's open to connectivity with other systems. I would recommend Success Factors any day. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. There are a few features missing overall. If they had a few more, I'd rate them higher.
Learn what your peers think about SAP SuccessFactors. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2020.
447,439 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ChristopherOrilogbon
Solution Consultant SAP MM/QM & HCM SuccessFactors at C2G
Dec 11, 2019
Enabled us to efficiently manage our personnel and has the ability to set and review goals

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this product for employee management. This includes an objective assessment of money made, creating performance reviews, and recruiting new employees and management.

• It has improved my organization by enabling us to efficiently manage our personnel.
  • Also, it would be helpful if they could improve its ability to localize the product to Nigeria.

What other advice do I have?

I think the advice I'd give is that it's a nice solution. It's easy to deploy. It's so easy to use. You really don't need to know much about coding or be a highly technical team to be able to use it. It’s very easy to use. For example, for the traditional ERP that SAP had before, you had to be instructed to work with it. This one is really straightforward.
Darien Khairy
Sr. Supervisor HR at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Sep 24, 2019
Made our operations much easier and smoother but the reports need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use the private deployment model of this solution.

• The best features that were working well for us was the Goal Management and Performance Management. They were the most valuable to our organization.
  • They should improve the reports.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution that they need to really look into their requirements and be very specific regarding the requirements when getting their orientation on the system and creating the requirement documents. They really need to to be very specific and very detailed in their requirements. Make sure to understand all the features and capabilities of the system. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
reviewer1115727
Program Manager HR-IT at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 27, 2019
SAP SF EC Support ou HR Transformation Strategy

What is our primary use case?

HR Master Data core system. Connected to SAP HCM System for Payroll and Time Management Process.

• The interface is user-friendly. It is very simple and intuitive, so it's good.
  • There should be more connectivity with other systems.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.
Ahmed-Haridy
SAP SuccessFactors Function Head at EOH
Sep 29, 2019
Good performance management, reporting, and more scalable than other solutions

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant, and this is one of the solutions that my company is currently implementing for one of our clients. This solution is used for performance management. It can also be used for forms that people have to sign, and it does the validation. You can print documents that have all of the information populated from different business applications. It allows you to manage all of the people without a headache. This solution contains several features related to performance management. It allows you to record achievements and feedback, and create monthly reports. This is a public cloud… more »

• The most valuable feature of this solution is the performance management module.
  • The GUI needs to be enhanced to be in line with the latest and complete version of the solution.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• The licensing fees are based on the number of modules that are being used, and the number of users.

What other advice do I have?

Many features and improvements have been announced for the next release of this solution. For example, there are many new integrations, including the ability to work with Excel files. My advice for anybody implementing this solution is to plan ahead based on the organizational structure, and implement it one or two modules at a time. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Yen Dang
SAP Success Factors Team Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Nov 11, 2020
Can be quickly implemented for any company

What is our primary use case?

I implement SAP SuccessFactors for customers. We also use it internally.

• SuccessFactors offers all aspects of Human Resources Management. What I love most about it is that it can be implemented for any company very quickly.
  • They should be more user friendly and give us more tools to make it more flexible.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SuccessFactors an eight out of ten. Not a ten because of the issues with the reporting analytics and the data center. I would highly recommend SuccessFactors. I sell it. I'm also the one that implemented the solution. It has the best cost compared to others. It's a really good solution and I can see that they make improvements and progress.
reviewer1057695
Human Resources Officer at a non-profit with 10,001+ employees
Sep 24, 2019
Has a lot of flexibility but it doesn't give us the flexibility to integrate to other modules

What is our primary use case?

SAP is our ERP. On the cloud we only have SuccessFactors for the recruitment.

• It's brought to our organization a big big improvement. We would give it a good rating.
  • We have many interruptions and disconnection points into processes, which is why we are looking to another solution. We are not so happy with the system. We believe we have in the market better solution, so we are looking for alternatives but so far the system has been used a lot.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend SuccessFactors but I think the roadmap for a better product needs to happen. Our overall rating is good but I think there is space for improvement. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
See 6 more SAP SuccessFactors Reviews