Pega BPM Review

Good integrations, excellent workflows, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The use cases vary. The solution is useful for various types of processes such as client onboarding, opening and processing accounts, policies and quotes, claim registration and reimbursement, underwriting, etc.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers excellent workflows.

The amount of processes a user can access is very broad.

The integrations within the solution are excellent.

The solution has the ability to manage different versions of rules.

Overall, there isn't a feature on the solution that isn't useful. The solution is excellent.

What needs improvement?

There are some UX shortcomings within the solution. However, it's my understanding that they have addressed them and in the next three months they will come out with a new updated version. They will be moving away from HTML5.

I've been working with the solution for fourteen or more years.

We have some clients that have up to 2,000 active users at any given time.

The solution is meant for large-scale enterprises.

It has been used in the insurance and finance industries as well as manufacturing, healthcare, and government. Many governments have started using it as well, so it is being used all over.

We've been in touch with technical support many times. They are quite good, overall.

The only thing is sometimes responses get delayed because they need to go to the logs, they need to go through all the steps, what someone was trying to do, and what was not working. It's quite intensive. It takes time. Otherwise, it is simply good. Great.

I've previously had some experience with Appian. They are actually quite different solutions. It's hard to compare them.

The implementation is not the quickest. An organization needs to get a good partner from Pega who will be doing the implementation. If a partner's doing the setup the correct way then it all goes well.

We are a Pega partner and assist clients with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business relationship with Pega.

We handle both on cloud or on-premises deployments according to the client's needs. Many financial institutions prefer on-premises, because of the data security. However, even some of the banks have opted for cloud as well.

I'd advise other organizations to get a good partner and take time to compare other options and to do a roadmap. Not every product is suitable for every scenario, so it's important to do a bit of research first.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Pega BPM reviews from users
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Pega BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.