Pega BPM Overview
What is Pega BPM?
Pega BPM helps you simplify and automate your operations so that you can reduce costs and improve business agility. Pega's unique Build For Change technology delivers repeatable solutions that can be efficiently reused and tailored to meet the requirements of diverse customers, product lines, channels, and geographies.
Pega BPM is also known as Pegasystems, SmartBPM.
Pega BPM Buyer's Guide
Download the Pega BPM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021
Pega BPM Customers
The State of Maine, ANZ, Coca-Cola, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA), ME, New South Wales, OptumRx, Texas Department of Transportation, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement
Pega BPM Video
What users are saying about Pega BPM pricing:
- "May be somewhat more expensive than other solutions initially, but should have enhanced return on investment."
- "The price of this solution, including installation and configuration, is comparable to competing vendors."
Pega BPM Reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Scaled Agile Consultant at Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Good case management and BPM workflow with easy cloud implementation
What is our primary use case?The solution is basically a quoting application. When insurance brokers or internal users have to call or do insurance quotes for commercial insurance, we use Pega. The insurance we cover is for outdoor coverage and for a casualty to property, as well as casualty insurance.
Pros and Cons
- "The solution's case management is its most valuable aspect."
- "They are currently spending some time on improving the product with respect to machine learning, especially related to robotic automation. They probably could be a little more adept on that area would help."
What other advice do I have?We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Pega. Pega BPM is definitely one of the topmost BPM packages out there. It hits all the right notes for a containerized implementation. The only thing you need to be careful is that you definitely need experts to help you along the way, in both the design and the requirements capture. They have an excellent requirements capture tool as well. However, if somebody needs to be trained on that, you need the help of experts, both on the software architecture as well as business architecture as well as the Pega admin. Eventually, these…
Financial Analyst at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Jun 10, 2019
Rapid renew structure allows for better implementation over other solutions and aids clients in serving their customers
What is our primary use case?We use the Pega BPM platform for helping companies establish, expand, or solidify their business process management and workflows.
Pros and Cons
- "Powerful, full-featured business process management with excellent support"
- "Lack of stronger cloud support is somewhat inconvenient for users and implementation."
What other advice do I have?I would place Pega BPM at around an 8.5 out of 10 because of the cloud and RPA issues. However, Pega is an excellent choice. It is efficient and does what it is supposed to do. It is extremely important to choose the right product and implementation partner. What the customer should be looking for in terms of an implementation partner is the quality of resources that they have, it is not the quantity. The Pega resources are classified into solution updates, frequent solution updates and new solution updates. An implementation partner needs to have a core team that brings the solution together…
Learn what your peers think about Pega BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Assistant Vice President at Barclays Bank
Real UserTop 10
Jan 29, 2020
Easier to use than other products and is more secure
Pros and Cons
- "It is easy to use, easy to understand, easy to implement and easy to enhance and we can do it as a Cloud. Also it is very user friendly."
- "Sometimes when we are patching some data from the database, we are getting added as a timeout."
What other advice do I have?I would definitely let people know about it. Let me give you a scenario. Let's say there is a banking system. Generally, people come to the bank, fill out the form, and submit it. Then a record will be created in the system. So what happens by using the Pega BPM is that we can clearly identify the flow - how you do it by using the different user input tasks. This is appealing to the user, to the customers, to everyone. Definitely I would like to get a return on that and let them know that if they use this BPM tool, more than any other technology tool, it has the most complete set of tools for…
Principal Business Analyst at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
All the features that are related to case management are outstanding
What is our primary use case?We use it for some insurance companies for underwriting.
Pros and Cons
- "The workflow designing and integration are the most valuable features. Also, the UI design was pretty easy."
- "It's called a local platform but on the other hand, it needs a lot of experience. It's not all that easy to click and plug and play. If you really want to use all the features out of this platform, you definitely need a lot of experience and a lot of training to get there."
What other advice do I have?My advice would be to have a focus on what the main purpose of the VPN platform is. Are you really looking for a VPN platform, something that is gathering all the VPN processes in the whole company, or is it just for reporting some processes like a customer process and connecting it to an SAP process? If you are planning to use Pega as your main platform, then it's a really good choice. On the other hand, if you have different software in your company like microservices or other big platforms like SAP, then you really should think if adding Pega as another big solid piece of software is really…
PRPC Developer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Real UserTop 20
May 30, 2019
Offers extra force in doing common tasks like OLS, solving situations, and reporting
What is our primary use case?The most valuable features of Pega are the integrations that come out of the box. You have extra force in doing some common tasks like OLS, solving situations, or reporting.
Pros and Cons
- "While Pega technical support is okay, it also depends on the issues you need help with and who your contact is with Pega."
- "What should be included is some UI features and maybe some integrations. This includes documentation on how the UI works."
What other advice do I have?My main advice is to look over the solutions for each customer base to understand the main features in Pega and what should be done or shouldn't be done. In my experience, I've met some people who say that Pega is quite expensive and hadn't even the slightest idea of how to use it and these features. My main advice is just to get acquainted with Pega as a solution. I will give it a score of eight out of ten. It's quite good.
Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers
Mar 6, 2020
A complete solution in terms of functionality with processes specialized using the situational layer cake
What is our primary use case?We do not use this solution in my organization. We are consultants and we act as a third-party for our clients. This solution is used to orchestrate processes across different parts of the infrastructure. All of the activities are coordinated and controlled, managed by a unique platform where they can keep track of everything.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is the situational layer cake."
- "Compared to other BPM products, the interface is somewhat complex, so the usability could be improved."
What other advice do I have?My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to make sure that they understand it. For example, we are certified in the usage of Pega BPM. It's a very complete product but it is not a simple one. They need to use the right, structured approach to implement it properly. Pega is not a product for a client with small needs. If anything, when setting up Pega you should think bigger and put things in place for what will be needed to lead the team in the right direction in the future. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Director (Delivery) at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Real UserTop 5
Mar 12, 2020
Good integrations, excellent workflows, and good technical support
What is our primary use case?The use cases vary. The solution is useful for various types of processes such as client onboarding, opening and processing accounts, policies and quotes, claim registration and reimbursement, underwriting, etc.
Pros and Cons
- "The solution offers excellent workflows."
- "There are some UX shortcomings within the solution. However, it's my understanding that they have addressed them and in the next three months they will come out with a new updated version. They will be moving away from HTML5."
What other advice do I have?We have a business relationship with Pega. We handle both on cloud or on-premises deployments according to the client's needs. Many financial institutions prefer on-premises, because of the data security. However, even some of the banks have opted for cloud as well. I'd advise other organizations to get a good partner and take time to compare other options and to do a roadmap. Not every product is suitable for every scenario, so it's important to do a bit of research first. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Managing Director, Intelligent Automation Practice, Business Consulting at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Oct 8, 2019
An excellent enterprise-level solution which is the leader in BPM and case management solutions
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution anywhere we have to manage processes. I have a large portfolio of clients in financial, health care, life sciences, etc., and I use the solution for all of them.
Pros and Cons
- "The interface is quite simple and easy to use, even for beginners."
- "Pega currently is trying to add chatbots to their systems, and it's still quite immature. This part definitely needs to be improved."
What other advice do I have?We are using both public and private cloud and on-premises deployment solutions. We're using product versions seven and eight and have previously used product version six. We’re a Pega partner. I would rate the solution ten out of ten.
See 7 more Pega BPM Reviews
Product CategoriesBusiness Process Management Process Automation Rapid Application Development Software Low-Code Development Platforms
Download our free Pega BPM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
- What are the most important features to look for in a BPM solution?
- Which is the best Workflow Automation Platform with microservices?
- Looking for a BPMN tool that is easy to use and reasonably priced
- BPM Tools: What is the best alternative to Signavio?
- What is BPMN and how is it used?
- What are some examples of processes that can be improved using BPM software?
- What is the difference between ERP and BPMS Tools? How do I choose between the two?
- What are some of the reasons business process management (BPM) efforts fail?