Workday Review

Robust platform with good reporting and analytic capabilities, but it needs to be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We use Workday for our employee onboarding and their entire lifecycle. We try to use certain aspects of Workday, such as currency management. For example, if they put in their expenses and they need to have them reimbursed, we use Workday.

Before the onboarding process, they have the hiring process, then they enter the recruitment phase. Once the recruitment is complete in Workday, they have to create a profile for these employees in the system.

The main data will always be in Workday. You are using it as a CRM.

What is most valuable?

The platform itself is very robust and I generally like the reporting and analytics capability.

What needs improvement?

The UI, UX (user experience) is very bad. It is not very interactive. As a user, when they look at Workday, they find it difficult to navigate. If they have any queries, I am not able to launch a case. I have to find a solution to my issues.

For an IT user, it might look like a large platform but from an end-user perspective or someone new to IT, they will find it to be very difficult.

In the next release, I would like to see better case management, knowledge management, improve the UI/UX, and provide more integration options.

Also, I would like to see it become more user-friendly.

I have been using Workday for six months to one year.

It's pretty stable. The coding platform is very solid, which means it's pretty stable.

This solution is scalable.

The availability of technical support could be better. The wait time could be reduced. The resolution time could be faster.

I would rate the technical support a seven out of ten.

We are currently using ServiceNow and we integrate it with Workday.

The initial setup is pretty simple.

You may need some help, but it's not very complex.

Depending on the complexities, it can take two to three months to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I am working with a product called ServiceNow, but we use Workday for some interfaces. We help with the integration and data from Workday. We are using Workday for our client's companies.

Our company is part of Bitpro and we use our internal systems.

The technical support needs to improve in reducing their wait time.

If they have time, then I would suggest the look at ServiceNow. They have the platform to cater to other departments, from customer service to security or IT service management.

If you don't have a large number of business requirements where you want to be complete within six months, the Workday would be a good option.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Workday reviews from users