SAP HCM Review

It supports different functional areas in the company. Employee salary management could be improved and it's difficult to set up.

What is most valuable?

The product is flexible and has periodic updates. It is supports several different functional areas in the company, such as financial, controlling, logistics, and human resources.

How has it helped my organization?

In my work, it enables me to work remotely because I can connect to our customer’s site using a VPN.

What needs improvement?

The payroll area for managing employee salaries has room for improvement;

Payroll area for managing employee salary, regarding SAP HCM system, is an area with complex issues because Italian tax and labor legislation and regulations are often changed; so several implementations of this module need custom integration from a consultant.

It would be better if SAP HCM could manage several topics, like absence protected like sickness, maternity.

In the last years, several implementations/developments on the SAP HCM system were done concerning several topics, but above all, integration with other module sof SAP HCM, like Time Management, for example.

I have been working with SAP Human Capital Management since I started my work in 1998, so for about 18 years.

I did have some issues with stability, especially at the beginning. I had several issues regarding the Time Management and Payroll modules.

I did not have any problems with scalability.

The level of technical support was good. They were always quick to solve problems with a high level of impact on our customers.

In the beginning, it was very difficult to set up because we lacked the support and experience to implement the product. After that, we arranged for support to work out a more correct and easier process.

It is very expensive for a small company. Only large companies can afford it.

I have never used a different solution. I have always worked with SAP Human Capital Management.

What other advice do I have?

I suggest working with a partner company who is already using SAP Human Capital Management to help you implement it at your own company.

In Italy, the implementation is difficult because the Italian tax and labor legislation and regulations are often changed; so several implementations of this module are required. This can be changes in absence quotas and protections for sickness, maternity leave, and so on. This really requires custom integration with the help of a consultant.