ServiceNow Review

We're able to see the most common issues and then automate them, reducing the number of helpdesk calls. However, the pricing model for add-on products could be improved.

Valuable Features

One of the biggest features is its flexibility. It has out of the box functionality (incident, problem, change, etc.) that can be tailored to fit your organization.

Improvements to My Organization

With this tool we have been able to see what some of the most common issues are and then automate them. This helps out the help desk by reducing the number of calls they are getting. We are also using Discovery with our CMDB to help us manage our assets. We also utilize our CMDB for our Incident and Change process with the relationships that we have configured between them.

Room for Improvement

The biggest issue that I see is the way that they license some of their add-on products. We spend a lot of money, so they should have a better pricing model for customers that want to take advantage of some of the new offerings.

Use of Solution

I have used the product for about five years in different capacities including as Tech Support at ServiceNow, a Solution Consultant for a ServiceNow Partner, and Administrator as a customer.

There were no issues with the deployment, but some were encountered during upgrades.

No, their support staff helps out by monitoring the instance and recommending action. We have some slowness from time to time but it usually due to issues on our ent.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability.

7-8/10. They have a difficult task, since they have to handle a wide variety of calls coming in to them. But, they work together with their team and development to help get a response to your question or issue.

This I would group with Customer Service.

It was implemented prior to me joining the company.

I was a consultant previously, so the initial setup is pretty straightforward, plus you have an implementation partner there to help you take your business requirements and configure it in the system

Implementation Team

They started out with a partner, but they were not happy with the service. So they let them go and implemented it on their own.

Other Advice

When you purchase the tool, do not try to make it behave or look like your current system. Remember, you purchased this product for it’s ability and you should take full advantage of that.