Servicenow

ServiceNow Review

Valuable Features

As a technical specialist, the features that are most valuable to me are:

• Facility for doing customizations
  • Very quick time to business
  • Good support
  • Availability time
  • Some nice development tools
  • Facilities for building integration

Improvements to My Organization

At the moment, we have implemented Incident, Problem, Change, Catalog and a bit of Asset Management. As we had a terrible system before ServiceNow, we did not have any kind of KPIs. Now we have all the processes integrated between each other and with some good KPIs.

The number of improvements is big, but we are still doing changes on the platform so we can get even more. At this point, we have already done almost 1000 stories (each story represents a change) with improvements.

Room for Improvement

They improved, a bit, the Reporting part of the product, but for sure it could be improved a lot more. I think they also should re-think the way they license the tool because it’s too expensive to automate all of your business, but you’ll need lots of licenses. If they did this, it would be an awesome tool. People go for doing some dirty integrations (with JIRA for example) just to reduce the number of licenses needed in ServiceNow.

Use of Solution

I worked for a ServiceNow partner for some years before being a client. As a client, I have used the solution for one-and-a-half years.

No issues encountered.

I really like it. They answer quite fast and provide good solutions.

It was straightforward because we had a clear idea of what processes we were implementing and how they would be (Workflow). The complex part of it is basically map your processes; implementing the tool is the easy part.

Implementation Team

At my current company, we did it with ServiceNow and in-house (me). But I worked at a ServiceNow Partner before, and I would strongly recommend a vendor implementation unless you already have some experts in-house.

Other Solutions Considered

We did an extensive evaluation to choose this product. It’s confidential and I cannot give details of it.

Other Advice

As a technical specialist, I can see that the product is really good and has lots of enhancements with each version. It’s a really good (but expensive) product. As it’s very easy to customize, it’s also easy to break it. I would recommend just to have a really good specialist (who knows some of the business as well) and it should be pretty straightforward to succeed.

1 visitor found this review helpful
C50f5137 5731 494b 83b5 4746b57fff7b avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About ServiceNow?

Our experts can help. 242,522 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.