ServiceNow Review

Scalable and stable but could be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for service desk requests, in order to track service desk requests and to know who's asking what and track these requests.

What is most valuable?

You can scale the solution.

The product has very good stability.

What needs improvement?

It could be easier to use. It's a bit complicated and the user experience isn't exactly easy.

It's too complicated and there are too many options.

I've been using the solution for two or three years or so.

In my experience, the solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. I find it to be reliable.

It's my understanding that the solution scales well.

We have about 100 users on the solution currently.

I've never used technical support in the past. There never was a need to reach out. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are, however, as I have no direct experience with them.

I also have experience with Jira.

I didn't really get involved in the initial installation. It's my understanding that there really isn't one. In my experience, there's just a simple link that you click on and you're all set.

I don't have any information about the licensing process or costs. It's not an aspect of the solution I deal with. I'm not in charge of it.

I've compared this solution to Jira in the past and I find them both to be complex in terms of the user experience.

That said, I haven't evaluated anything to replace this product at this company.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure if we're using an on-premises or cloud deployment.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

At this point, I'm not sure if I would recommend the solution at I don't have enough personal experience with it.

I'd rate the solution at a six out of ten.

More ServiceNow reviews from users
...who compared it with JIRA Service Management
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.