Workday Review
Features pre-built integration interfaces for specific vendors, pre-built generic integrations to extract/push data

How has it helped my organization?

• By leveraging the business process framework that the product delivers, and the built-in workflow, it has forced individuals to be more accountable to their managers and employees.
  • It also enforces cleaner data; you cannot just push data into the system without validations.
  • There is no need for SQL updates to a database to fix data issues.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility to integrate with the product. It has several tools, out-of-the-box, for integrations. It delivers pre-built interfaces for specific vendors, pre-built generic integrations to extract or push data into Workday through configuration.

Workday also delivers tools that allow you to build your own custom interfaces.  So for me it is the ease of integration with the product.

In addition to the integration tools, I would also say the system being a fully consolidated system. All the transactions and configuration are co-located in one fully in-memory system, so there is no need to go to different data sources (multiple DBs) to pull data; it’s all in one place.

What needs improvement?

Analytical tools have needed improvement. Workday has just released Prism Analytics, to replace the current analytical tools, so it’s in the early stages.  Workday has great reporting capabilities today, but if we don’t have a fully consolidated system we need the ability to marry that external data with the Workday data to perform analytics. Prism will enable this to occur.

More than five years.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Leveraging community, and the ability to open cases with Workday, allows for quick turnaround with both other Workday users and the Workday team itself.

In the beginning it is difficult to wrap your head around the in-memory pieces, and which configuration drives what functionality. It’s like any other software in that manner, and it’s about digging in and learning it.

Implement what you need, purchase what you need as you need it.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend it to anyone. It’s the only fully consolidated in-memory application on the market.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementation partner.