IBM FileNet Review

It has an excellent document storage repository, which is good at what it does

What is our primary use case?

We use it to store and transfer large amounts of files between several various locations that we serve. It is an excellent document storage facility.

How has it helped my organization?

The excellent document storage repository: It is good at what it does.

What is most valuable?

The technical support that we get from IBM.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the dashboard be a little bit more robust and a little more user-friendly. Right now, unless you truly know FileNet, you do not know what you are looking at in the dashboard. From what I understand with the latest release, which is what we are getting ready to go to, a lot of that has already been solved, but I have not seen what it really looks like yet.

Three to five years.

It is an extremely stable platform, if it is built right.

We are looking to expand and scale up quite a bit right now, because our current system is completely overloaded. We are looking at doing an upgrade and an in-place expansion. However, I do not know how the scalability is performing.

If we run into problems, which is inevitable (and we run into problems all the time), we get quick responses and good solutions back from the technical support.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

Due to the way it is designed, we worked with IBM quite extensively to do our original architecture. Going that route, it has been immensely stable. However, we have now gotten to the point where we have outgrown what we originally designed.

Look at what you are looking to get from it. If you are looking for just a small open source, understand that you will get what you pay for. FileNet is not cheap, but you absolutely get what you pay for.