IBM FileNet Review

Gives us a unified solution for documents and workflow

What is our primary use case?

First we used it as a document management system only, now we have some workflows too. It's one of the biggest applications in the government of Switzerland. We are using FileNet to build up these workflows.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a single a solution. Before, we had several products but now it's all in one hand.

What is most valuable?

Resiliency.

What needs improvement?

We'd like to use the docker, to have it containerized, that would be great for us.

It's very good.

We did have some issues with Web services. It was a version conflict, because two Web services were deployed, an old version and a new version, and both were accessible. So we had some problems with that but it wasn't a product failure.

It's very good. We have millions of documents. We have no problems with scalability. It runs fine.

We didn't buy the product from IBM itself, it was from a business partner. So, issues first go to the business partner, before they go to the IBM. As soon as it's at IBM, it's very good. Before that, it depends on which person is available.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor we have to do put out tenders which have our criteria. A big issue is the price for licenses.

Regarding advice, I would say if you're going for FileNet, get FileNet P8 and not FileNet IS. The two products are doing similar things, but in my personal opinion, P8 is more the future.

I would rate FileNet a nine out of 10, because it's a good product, stable, no worries.