IBM FileNet Review

It designs and builds the process, then adds document facilities for the documentation

What is our primary use case?

It is about simplicity. It designs and builds the process, then adds document facilities for the documentation. Therefore, it is easier to model the process and include documents in this process.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves processes. For example, it can improve staffing for human resources.

What is most valuable?

It has the ability to mix document management and process automation. For our customers, it is very attractive that they have a solution which documents their structure and the structure of their data. It also designs the process to complete the automation.

What needs improvement?

Preforms could be useful for specific projects.

It works for all types of enterprise companies. For larger enterprise companies, there might be other solutions. In general, it should work for all enterprises.

I do not really work with the technical support. The solutions that we are implementing are brand new.

Usually their support is good, though you would have a support contract. I will mention that I think the support could be better, and it could improve.

The initial setup is straightforward. You will need people who know what they are doing, but otherwise it is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

The reporting is good, and customers value that about the product.