The initial setup wasn't too complex. They have good documentation, and it's pretty easy. Because our code repository and ticketing system are internal, we had to set up some Dockers to help us with that, but that also wasn't too hard.
The first deployment, until we started scanning the first project, took less than a week. To get it fully working as we expected, exactly how we wanted it, took some more time. That took some months. But the initial setup was really just a few days.
The implementation strategy was that we first wanted to scan the integration with our internal Bitbucket, the code repository, and get Snyk to scan all of the repositories on a daily basis. We had some struggles at first. We wanted to add the developers as users, so they could use the dashboard, but that didn't work so well. So we used a JIRA integration for ticketing and wrote some scripts that use the API to get some information and create tables with action items. Also, we wanted to add it to our CI so that every time a project was being built, a scan would start and the developer would get the information at that moment.
Right now, we're writing an automation to automatically open JIRA tickets with information from Snyk, for the teams. Hopefully, that will make my job more efficient, and even decrease the amount of work I need to do.
If maintenance is required it's on me, but I really only update our Dockers from time to time. There isn't too much maintenance.