F5 Silverline Web Application Firewall Review

Protects web applications and customer web applications and has great technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model. Our primary use cases are for protection for web applications and customer web applications.

What is most valuable?

Attack prevention is the most valuable feature of this solution.

What needs improvement?

Pricing needs improvement. I would like for them to have better botnet protection in the release of this solution.

I have been using F5 for around two to three years.

It's generally stable. Of course, sometimes there are some issues but not usually big problems.

Scalability is good. It's easy to expand. We have more than ten customers and have hundreds of users using this solution.

For maintenance and deployment, it is best to have two to three engineers.

We had a case and we had an F5 engineer help us and help the customer. F5 has some of the best support. When compared to the other vendors, F5 has the most prepared people doing support.

The initial setup was straightforward and easy. The time it takes to deploy will depend on the application complexity. On average it can take a month. Sometimes customers want to be more careful so it takes a little longer.

I mostly do the integration myself. We sell the solution and we implement it for our customers.

We also looked at Imperva.

What other advice do I have?

This is one of the best solutions. I would rate them a ten out of ten.