Cisco ASAv Review

Fine scalability and stability, but not well suited for a small business

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for a firewall.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is old fashioned.

I've been using the solutions for approximately 10 years.

The stability is fine. There's nothing wrong with Cisco.

The scalability of the solution is fine.

We bought it from a supplier and they supplied the support, as well, and that's been fine.

We previously use a Cisco solution but it was a different version.

The basic setup is fine. We're just one person. It's only when you want to do some more sophisticated setup like channeling and stuff like that that it's more complicated. Deployment takes about 4 hours.

The product was expensive. Also, a lot of features weren't there even though they can be implemented. There are so many additional subscriptions that are needed to get the full features.

What other advice do I have?

I liked that it had a full feature set from the beginning instead of having to buy features along the way. It's not like it's a cheap device. So, when you pay a lot of money for a device and then have to pay extra for facilities, that's a bit annoying.

I would rate the solution 7 out of 10. If you are a large business with a lot of Cisco devices or Cisco knowledge in the house already, then the Cisco firewall is the way to go. You might also have some better agreements with Cisco if you have a lot of stuff already. If you're a small company, I don't think I'd choose Cisco.