Evident.io Review
The most valuable features are the security and best practice advice we get through this service.

Improvements to My Organization

I know when we first got it, it covered all aspects of our AWS account. There was some infrastructure that someone else on my team built out. In doing so, it left something open to the public that normally wouldn't have been caught. But we were able to see that through Evident.io and remediate it fairly quickly.

After we initially got it, there were a lot of things that we didn't necessarily do. There were best practices, and if the numbers were a little bit off, we were able to tweak things to continuously improve our environment.

One of the bigger things we recently started using is user attributions. If something is flagged as not following, or not being the best practice or secure, we can actually see which user caused that. That kind of helps us determine where it came from and how to train so it doesn't happen again.

It's not an area that we specifically use, but it is integrating much more with compliance. We are not necessarily bound by that, but it's a huge feature that I know they have.

Valuable Features

Generally, just the security and best practice advice we get through this service.

Room for Improvement

I don't really have any areas in which they can improve. Throughout our use of it, there have been things here and there. I've always opened a support ticket and everything's been taken care of within a couple of weeks.

There are no open issues, or long standing issues. Everything I have is generally pretty small and it gets taken care of very quickly.

No problems with stability. With the website, it is always available and reports are generated every hour. In our several years of using the product, we have never been in a situation in which we were unable to access it. I have never had a report in which I could see that it didn't run.

No scalability issues at all. The only thing that has scaled has been our environment. In terms of that, they are very good, especially when Amazon or AWS releases a new service. From day one, they will support it, which is good. As our environment has grown, we have not noticed any issues with scalability.

Mainly it's been feature requests or maybe issues with documentation. In reaching out to them, they are very prompt and every issue that I've had has been fixed in an extremely timely manner.

I've never run into anything that they couldn't handle. They're very knowledgeable, not just about their own platform, but about AWS as well.

We did not use anything prior to Evident.io.

It's been a while, but I remember the setup being very simple. They actually had documentation to walk you through the creation of a role within AWS so that you can give permissions for them to read various parts of your infrastructure. It was fast and very well documented, from what I remember.

Other Solutions Considered

We did evaluate another option. At the time, the only other one we looked at was provided by AWS, called Trusted Advisor. At that time, we felt that the feature set within Evident.io was better and the price was much better as well.

Other Advice

It's great that we built it into our architecture and security workflows. It gives you a one stop shop of:

• The overall health of your environment
  • Any areas that have room for improvement
  • Critical issues that need to be dealt with immediately