HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity Review

Eliminated the need for overprovisioning: We only pay for the capacity that we are using

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our cultures provided business. We have our own HPE cloud environment, which is built on the HPE Flex Capacity. It is a system storage, so we use it for compute and storage. We have Nimble, 3PAR, and SimpliVity storage.

We run our systems on HPE and manage our customers' systems on it too.

How has it helped my organization?

We making a shift from being reseller of HPE products to a managed services provider. The GreenLake service helps us with setting the flexible capacity for our customers in our own client environment.

What is most valuable?

Its flexible, scalable, and easy to use.

The Flexible Capacity, which we can build on. Flex Capacity has eliminated the need for overprovisioning. We only pay for the capacity that we use.

What needs improvement?

HPE could improve GreenLake to have even more flexibility. In lots of ways, the public cloud, like Azure, is even more flexible than HPE GreenLake.

The stability is good. I don't have many complaints from our engineers.

These are a security services, which HPE offers within their services.

The scalability is good. Due to the Flexible Capacity, we can scale it endlessly. We can also down scale it.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. Due to our experience with HPE services, our engineers can implement the same services on a flexible scale.

We are the integrator.

It has saved our organization 25 percent.

It has affected the administrative aspect of our IT operations a lot, because there is financial flexibility that we have in the HPE Flexible Capacity contract.

For the server storage part, we just have HPE.

We also have an IBM cloud-based environment. However, for this cloud, we are just using HPE.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend to buy it.

My technical colleagues are always talking about how satisfied they are with HPE services.