LogicMonitor Review

What is most valuable?

SaaS product means there's near-zero setup or ongoing maintenance costs and it has an excellent UI. It comes with broad built-in support for a wide variety of devices, OSs, applications and platforms.

How has it helped my organization?

The NetApp and VMware integration in particular has helped us pinpoint hot spots and misbehaving applications by identifying anomalies that stand out compared to "normal" activity.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to see more predictive analytics where based on past behavior, at a certain time of day/week/month, the datapoint should be within a set range of values, and if it's > 2 standard deviations outside, this represents an anomaly that should be investigated. I would also like to see an easier way to build useful performance dashboards.

I've used this solution for over five years at multiple organizations.

We had no issues with the performance.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

It's outstanding - 10/10. 24x7 access through the web UI to technical support chat. It also has an excellent escalation procedure, and we get quick responses from the senior engineering team as needed. Documentation is outstanding as well.

I have used at least half a dozen different solutions which were mostly open source, or homegrown on-premise solutions, from Nagios and Zabbix to OpenNMS and Cacti. We switched because of all the things in item mentioned above.

It's incredibly easy, with just one executable to install if you're running an agent on Windows, or one package to install if you're using it on Linux.

The volume based pricing can be challenging for very large environments depending on your support budget for monitoring and alerting tools.

PRTG and Zabbix are also in use internally. I chose LogicMonitor based on prior experience with it and with other tools.

What other advice do I have?

A trial takes around an hour to set up and start collecting useful data.

1 visitor found this review helpful