LogicMonitor Review

Fast and easy setup and gives us the ability to use custom monitoring solutions

What is our primary use case?

We use this product internally for monitoring our on-premise infrastructure and soon to monitor our Azure infrastructure. We also use it as a service provider and we offer monitoring as a service to our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been through many monitoring solutions previously and they are either far too complicated to configure and get right, or they are easy to implement but are not as customizable. So you end up with so many false positives that it's pointless having monitoring. We don't have this issue with LogicMonitor.

What is most valuable?

The ability to get it set up fast and easily, and also the ability to use custom monitoring solutions (does require some know-how, but training is freely available from LM).

What needs improvement?

Bring back right-clicking in the UI, as I didn't notice I missed it until you removed the option to, which now just gets frustrating.

We have used a few other alternatives over the years, either very simple but limited options or really complicated to configure, and we ended up with far too many false positives.

The setup of the product is very quick and easy. I don't deal with the pricing, but the licencing model based on each node monitored makes it easy to know how many licences you need.

vRealize, Veeam ONE, Auvik.