Pivotal logo

RabbitMQ Review
It has HTTP to take advantage of the JSON-RPC channel plugin.

Valuable Features

• Multi-Protocol features
  • HTTP to take advantage of the JSON-RPC channel plugin
  • It's lightweight and requires minimal IOPS to execute over the network

Improvements to My Organization

At this time it is in QA. We're planning on a production deployment soon. We hope it will improve the speed and automation of message and file delivery to our organization from our customers.

Room for Improvement

The GUI management could use updating. The front-end has a look and feel that's outdated.

Use of Solution

I have used RabbitMQ for two years.

We have not had any stability issues.

We are still in the QA and build-out phase.

I would give technical support a rating of 1.5/5.

I was only able to contact RabbitMQ through Google groups. If you do not have a support contract, that's their only support medium. It's difficult to get someone in that group to commit to resolving your issues.

We eventually purchased a three year support contract. By the time the PO was approved, I resolved the configuration issue without the help of support.

We explored and tested MSMQ, Microsoft's solution. We switched to take advantage of the RabbitMQ HTTP, JSON-RPC, and API message delivery features.

It is very easy to setup, backup, and restore. The LDAP sync configuration instructions had a couple of components that were not clear. This is why we originally reached out to RabbitMQ. It was resolved internally without the assistance of Pivotal.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's an open source community download.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at MSMQ, Microsoft's solution.

Other Advice

It's a fairly easy product to use. However, if you have an issue and need technical support, just spend time reviewing the documentation before attempting to connect with them in Google groups.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About RabbitMQ?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.