Pivotal logo

RabbitMQ Review
It has HTTP to take advantage of the JSON-RPC channel plugin.

Valuable Features:

• Multi-Protocol features
  • HTTP to take advantage of the JSON-RPC channel plugin
  • It's lightweight and requires minimal IOPS to execute over the network

Improvements to My Organization:

At this time it is in QA. We're planning on a production deployment soon. We hope it will improve the speed and automation of message and file delivery to our organization from our customers.

Room for Improvement:

The GUI management could use updating. The front-end has a look and feel that's outdated.

Use of Solution:

I have used RabbitMQ for two years.

Stability Issues:

We have not had any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

We are still in the QA and build-out phase.

I would give technical support a rating of 1.5/5.

I was only able to contact RabbitMQ through Google groups. If you do not have a support contract, that's their only support medium. It's difficult to get someone in that group to commit to resolving your issues.

We eventually purchased a three year support contract. By the time the PO was approved, I resolved the configuration issue without the help of support.

Previous Solutions:

We explored and tested MSMQ, Microsoft's solution. We switched to take advantage of the RabbitMQ HTTP, JSON-RPC, and API message delivery features.

Initial Setup:

It is very easy to setup, backup, and restore. The LDAP sync configuration instructions had a couple of components that were not clear. This is why we originally reached out to RabbitMQ. It was resolved internally without the assistance of Pivotal.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It's an open source community download.

Other Solutions Considered:

We looked at MSMQ, Microsoft's solution.

Other Advice:

It's a fairly easy product to use. However, if you have an issue and need technical support, just spend time reviewing the documentation before attempting to connect with them in Google groups.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About RabbitMQ?

Our experts can help. 222,498 professionals have used our research on 5,689 solutions.