BMC Track-It! Review

Able to identify problems and resolve them faster because of the centralized database

What is our primary use case?

We owned this solution for about one year before implementing it. We went from a customer base of 32K to 90K by means of an acquisition. Our IT staff did not increase but the demand for us did, and our workload increased exponentially. We needed something to keep track of incidents and be more proactive than reactive. The Track-IT! software has allowed us to do this and decrease the number of actual calls our Service Desk fills. Our users have come to expect availability and quick responses, and we are able to provide this thanks to the Track-IT! solution.

How has it helped my organization?

As a department, we have been able to identify problems and resolve them faster because of the centralized database. We also have been working towards implementing a full change management solution with the built-in module. Our efficiency has improved drastically due to a massive reduction in phone calls.

What is most valuable?

The customization of the product and reporting capabilities have allowed us to provide upper management the graphs (data) they request that helps validate specific needs that we (IT) have. Being able to provide this data has been invaluable.

What needs improvement?

The area where we would like to see improvement is in the asset management module. We do have some tweaking that we need to try, but we have not been able to use it for budgeting and long-term planning like we initially thought that we would be able to.

More than five years.